In this three-week long writing unit, students will formulate an argument and effectively use evidence to support their reasoning. This experience gives them the opportunity to practice these important skills using familiar and entertaining texts.
Your Students Will Learn To:
- take a writing piece from prewriting to publishing
- organize and write a multi-paragraph essay
- construct a strong argument/thesis
- use text evidence to support their argument
- gain understanding of multiple perspectives
- construct a thorough introduction and a concise closing
- communicate their reasoning with peers
Included in This File:
- daily lesson plans broken down by week
- student pages for each week
- step-by-step instructions on how to pace the unit
- examples from my own teaching of this unit
- photo of anchor chart, video on how to teach the chart
- bulletin board letters with attached photo of my own bulletin board
- ideas/ways to extend the project that connect to math, arts, and presentation skills
What Formats Does This Come In?
- Printable PDF
- Google Slides with text boxes preloaded
- If you use Microsoft Teams: Open the Google Slides file and click File > Download as > PowerPoint and it will be ready for you to use.
- If you use Seesaw: Open the Google Slides file, delete any slides you don’t need, and click File > Download as > PDF. Load that on Seesaw and have students use the Seesaw tools to insert their own text boxes inside the existing turquoise text boxes.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.