This word study resource is a daily 10-minute teaching routine that helps students learn some common spelling patterns for the long a vowel sound. In addition, they will analyze roots, affixes, phonemes, morphology, and syllabication.
This word study resource is a daily 10-minute teaching routine that helps students learn some common spelling patterns for the long e vowel sound. In addition, they will analyze roots, affixes, phonemes, morphology, and syllabication.
Designed for grades 2-5, this resource will help your students unlock the code and become skilled readers and spellers. With engaging Google Slides presentations, a comprehensive teacher guide, and a student recording sheet, this resource is a must-have for any teacher looking to .
What’s Included In This Resource?
- (used to teach/analyze each word):
- There are a total of 12 words in your slide deck.
- There are 6 spelling patterns. For each spelling pattern, there are two words: one for modeling during your lesson and one for guided practice.
- Included spelling patterns: open syllable e, eCe, ee, ea, -y, and -ey
- Not quite sure what the syllable division rules are? Or what a schwa vowel sound is? Or what to point out when focusing on morphology? Don’t worry… the teacher guide will walk you through all of this! It includes a detailed analysis of each word in your deck. From how to divide the word into syllables, to spelling patterns, to word parts, to pronunciation.
- If you want your students to follow along paper/pencil as you are analyzing the word(s) of the day, print out the student recording sheet so they can –
- identify the part of speech
- label syllables
- label short and long vowels
- circle digraphs, blends, glued sounds, vowel teams, or silent letters
- highlight roots, prefixes, and suffixes
What Does The Routine Look Like?
- Step 1: Prep by printing out your teacher guide and making copies of the student recording sheet
- Step 2: Put your Google Slides presentation in slideshow mode and as you work your way through the teacher guide mini-lesson, click for the animations to occur on the Slide
- Step 3: You have two words for each pattern. Use word #1 to model during your lesson, and then use word #2 for guided practice.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing makes teaching so much easier! To make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
- Click to follow my TpT store
- Click to join my email community
- Click to follow me on Facebook
The resources you purchase are delivered electronically. Unlike a t-shirt or a book, you can’t return a PDF, PowerPoint or Google Doc, or another file. For that reason, all sales are considered final and nonrefundable. Please review resource descriptions, preview files, cover photos, and teacher reviews before purchasing.
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link is given. You may not translate or resell this resource.