This resource includes six activities to send in the mail to your students’ pen pals. Each activity has a page for lower and upper elementary (primary lines and single lines). This could be sent instead of or alongside letters to their pen pals. If you’re a Benchmark teacher, this aligns great with Unit 4 (point of view).
What activities are included?
- Questionnaire – Students choose questions to ask their Pen Pal to learn more about them
- Compare/Contrast Venn Diagram – Students use the information from the Questionnaire to compare and contrast themselves with their Pen Pal
- Mad Libs – Pen Pals work together to write a silly story using parts of speech
- Story Writing – Pen Pals co-author and co-illustrate a story
- Scavenger Hunt – Students create a scavenger hunt for their Pen Pal to complete in their classroom
- Spelling Word Search – Students use spelling words to create a word search for their Pen Pal to complete
Just want to write letters to Pen Pals? Click to have my Pen Pal Writing Templates emailed to you for free!
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.