Project-based learning is a way for students to investigate a real-world problem. This packet includes everything you need to implement an “Improve-the-community” or “Improve-the-school” project. This incorporates 21st century skills and English language arts. This connects well to Benchmark Advance Unit 1 or any unit on making a difference in the world.
Included in this file:
1. What is Project-Based Learning? (teacher page)
2. Step-by-step lessons that guide students through the 4 parts (investigate, create, present, reflect/respond) along with questions to help guide your students (teacher page)
3. Links to real-world examples found in the news
4. Let’s Brainstorm Ideas student pages for a community and/or school improvement project
5. Let’s Find Solutions student page for writing their guiding question and potential plans with pros/cons
6. Let’s Create a Plan student page to help plan out materials, resources, collaborators, and the timeline
7. Let’s Write a Proposal student page to write out their proposal to present/pitch to classmates
8. Let’s Collaborate student page to write a letter to contact someone to collaborate with on their project
21st Century Skills:
✓ Use of technology
✓ Critical thinking
By purchasing this file, you are agreeing to use this file in your classroom only. You may not modify content, translate the file, share the file, or resell the content in any way. If your colleagues would like to use this file, please purchase additional licenses at a discount. You may not post this resource anywhere on the Internet.