How do we give all of our students spelling strategies that build skills beyond memorization? We need to give them tools they can apply when spelling, reading, and writing across the curriculum.
Phonics-based spelling strategies are a great way to improve the way your students learn and apply spelling skills. When kids apply phonics strategies to spelling, not only are they addressing grade-level standards, they’re building a toolkit of skills to improve their spelling when it comes to reading and writing. This Foundational Reading Skills Bundle includes phonics-based practice and assessment.
Included in this Bundle:
- Word Work Pamphlets – quick, daily practice that incorporates spelling, grammar, and vocabulary in context (paper + digital)
- Hands-On Word Work – practice pages that cover a variety of phonological and phonemic awareness skills (paper)
- Spelling Tests – a resource that actually assesses the spelling patterns and sounds instead of just memorization (paper + auto grading digital versions)
- Sound Wall – a bulletin display that is an alternative to the traditional word wall
Digital Sound Wall – a virtual classroom bulletin board + two interactive activities PER sound to use as a teaching tool
- Digital Word Work – practice slides that cover a variety of phonics and phonemic awareness skills (digital)