Have you read the new children’s book, Pigeon Math, to your students yet? It’s a playful narrative about pigeons that incorporates basic addition and subtraction facts. This resource is a companion and integrates math using silly, pigeon-themed word problems! There are 10 problems, and each problem comes with two student pages, allowing you to differentiate for your learners.
Included In This Resource:
– Ten subtraction word problems
– The problems are a mix of question types (take from/result unknown, take from/change unknown, take from/start unknown, compare/smaller unknown). There is a question guide that breaks down each type of question.
– Two versions for each word problem. Each student page has different strategies for subtraction. (Number line, drawing base ten blocks, number tape, standard model, and several more)
– Answer keys for every page
- Interested in subtraction word problems, too? You can save by purchasing the bundle!
- You can purchase Pigeon Math, written by Asia Citro and illustrated by Richard Watson here.
Want access to the Markers and Minions Freebie Vault? Click here.
Leave feedback and earn points to use towards additional purchases!
This is a single license good for one classroom. If you would like to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license at a discount. Thank you!
Connect With Me