This is a fully digital and editable reading log that includes a cute Google Form for students to complete. Once they submit their log, their responses auto populate on your included teacher spreadsheet.
Follow this step-by-step tutorial from a similar but resource to learn how to sync your Google Form and Google Spreadsheet, so that it’s ready to go! If you’re interested in the resource that is featured in the tutorial, click here.
✨ Here’s how it works:
- Students fill out the reading log form as often as you wish. The form asks for their name and the date, the title of the book, and if the book that they read is fiction or nonfiction. Then, they click the “next” button. The next question is adaptive, meaning that it is customized depending on if they selected “fiction” or “nonfiction” as their text type. This section of the form will ask students questions specific to their text type, and they can write their reading log and then submit.
- Their responses auto populate on a pretty spreadsheet for you, so you can read through their answers all in one place.
✨ Frequently Asked Questions
- Can this work with Schoology, Canvas, MS Teams, etc.?
Yes! The Google Form that the students fill out does NOT require them to sign into a Google account, so you can still use this even if you’re not a Google district. The spreadsheet is only for teacher access, so you can open and use it with your personal Google account.
- Is the Google Form editable?
Yes! You can reword, add, or delete questions. You can translate them into another language. It’s fully editable! Just be sure to keep the “Name” question so you know who is filling it out.
- Is the Google Spreadsheet editable?
I wouldn’t mess with it. The formula is set up so that the Form responses auto populate. If you change any of the column titles, the formula will not apply. You can change the picture at the top, though. The number of questions on the Form must match the number of columns on your spreadsheet (so that every response has a column to live in), so if you add lots of questions to the Form, just insert columns on your spreadsheet.
- Do I have to reshare the Google Form everyday?
No! The Google Form has one share link that you have to share only one time. I recommend linking it somewhere prominent and easy to access on your learning platform. This way, the kids can find it and fill it out easily each day. The Form is set up so that the kids can fill it out over and over again.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.