These Close Reading Companions are a way for students to make the connection between the reading strategy/skill taught in your Benchmark Advance minilessons to how the strategy may look in the form of a test question. Each page includes a graphic organizer and an “Apply It!” test question. These can be used during whole group lessons or as a center activity. Print individually or give it to students as a booklet at the start of your unit.
Included in This Resource:
- Student checklist page
- Companion pages (one for each close reading lesson) that relates to the guided practice portion of the lesson
- Answer Key page for Apply It! questions
- Google Slides version of all of the above
Each Close Reading Companion Page Has:
- The reading strategy/skill in the upper right corner
- The reading standards listed under the strategy/skill
- A “Close Reading Purpose” that is consistent with the TRS
- A chart, organizer, map, or some student response section
- “Apply It!” test question that applies the strategy in the form of a question
- The unit, week, and lesson number in the bottom left corner
Which Editions of Benchmark Advance Does this Align to?
- California Edition
- National Edition (©2017-2020)
- 2021/2022 Edition
- Florida Edition
✏️ Sign up here to get Five Days of Markers and Minions Freebies for Benchmark Advance emailed to you.
Sharing makes teaching so much easier! To make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firstly, go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. After that, click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and, finally, leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
- Click to follow my TpT store
- Click to join my email community
- Click to follow me on Facebook
The resources you purchase are delivered electronically. Unlike a t-shirt or a book, you can’t return a PDF, PowerPoint or Google Doc, or another file. Because of that reason, all sales are considered final and nonrefundable. Please review resource descriptions, preview files, cover photos, and teacher reviews before purchasing.
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you purchase a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive so others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link is given. Do not translate or resell this resource.
Markers and Minions is not affiliated, endorsed, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by, or in any way officially connected to Benchmark Education Company, Benchmark Advance, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates. The terms “Benchmark” and “Benchmark Advance,” are the registered trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such term by Markers and Minions is for identification purposes only and does not imply any affiliation or association with them.