Prepare your students for assessment with these Apply It! questions from the Close Reading Companion line. This independent resource allows students to practice answering questions worded in the same style as Benchmark and state tests. Apply It! questions use the same texts that students read each week in close reading lessons while assessing the same skills and strategy as Benchmark and state tests. There are three weeks of questions included. Use during whole class lessons, small group instruction, or with individual students. Available in printable PDFs, digital Google Slides, and self-grading Google Form quizzes.
✨ To see a preview file, click here.
Included in this Resource:
- Apply It! test questions for each week that correlate with your close reading lessons
- Test questions that target specific reading skills/strategies
- Answer key for each weekly set of questions
- PDF paper tests for each week
- Google Slides with interactive drag-and-drop for each week
- Self-grading Google Form quiz formats for all questions
What edition of Benchmark Advance does this align with?
- CA Edition (©2015-2017)
- National Edition (©2018-2020)
- 2021/2022 Edition (©2021-2022)
- FL Edition (©2021)
What kinds of skills and strategies are covered in the questions?
- Cause and Effect
- Context Clues
- Analyzing Sequence
- Graphic Features
- Key Details and Main Idea
- and more!
These questions are pulled from the Close Reading Companion line, so if you own any of these, you will see the same questions just in a different format.