Prepare your students for assessment with these questions from the Close Reading Companion line. This independent resource allows students to practice answering questions that are worded in the same style as Benchmark and state tests. questions use the same texts that students are reading each week in close reading lessons while assessing the same skills and strategy as Benchmark and state tests.
Thirty weeks of questions are included (three weeks worth per unit). There are 180+ questions. Use during whole class lessons, small group instruction or with individual students. Available in printable PDFs, digital Google Slides and self-grading Google Form quizzes.
Included in this Resource:
- 180+ “Apply It!” questions for every week that correlate with your close reading lessons
- The questions are standards-aligned and target specific reading skills/strategies
- Answer key for each weekly set of questions
- PDF paper tests for each week
- Google Slides with interactive drag-and-drop for each week
- Self-grading Google Form quizzes formats for all questions
What edition of Benchmark Advance does this align to?
- CA Edition (©2015-2017)
- National Edition (©2018-2020)
- 2021 Edition (©2021) ** This is currently being created. Not all units are completed yet. As we complete more units over the course of this year, we will add them here as free updates.
What kinds of skills and strategies are covered in the questions?
- Cause and Effect
- Context Clues
- Analyzing Sequence
- Graphic Features
- Key Details and Main Idea
- and more!
These questions are pulled from the Close Reading Companion line, so if you own any of these, you will see the same questions just in a different format.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.