Have you read the new children’s book, Pigeon Math, to your students yet? It’s a playful narrative about pigeons that incorporates basic addition and subtraction facts. This resource is a companion and integrates math using silly, pigeon-themed word problems! There are 10 problems, and each problem comes with two student pages, allowing you to differentiate for your learners.
Included In This Resource:
– Ten addition word problems
– The problems are a mix of question types (add to/result unknown, add to/change unknown, add to/start unknown, compare/bigger unknown). There is a question guide that breaks down each type of question.
– Two versions for each word problem. Each student page has different strategies for addition. (Number bonds, number tape, make a ten, number path, and several more)
– Answer keys for every page
- Interested in subtraction word problems, too? You can save by purchasing the bundle!
- You can purchase Pigeon Math, written by Asia Citro and illustrated by Richard Watson here.
On the fence? Click HERE to get a sample emailed to you!
Want access to the Markers and Minions Freebie Vault? Click here.
Leave feedback and earn points to use towards additional purchases!
This is a single license good for one classroom. If you would like to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license at a discount. Thank you!
Connect With Me