Alright my techie teachers, this one is for you! And even if you’re not techie, if you follow this tutorial step-by-step, you’ll get this amazing organizational tool that will help you manage your digital classroom!
✨ Here’s how it works:
- Students fill out the check-in form at the end of every day of learning. They tell you how they are doing, ask any questions, and check off what subjects they worked on that day. You can even add in a question that asks for a “secret code word” that you give that day in your live classroom session.
- Their responses autopopulate on a pretty spreadsheet for you, so you can read through their answers all in one place.
- You can then use their response from that day to mark their attendance. If there is a response, then you know they were present!
- Mark their attendance on the monthly attendance tracker sheets (also included in your master spreadsheet – I’m telling you… it’s all in one place!!). When you check their box for the day, there are columns on the right that will autocalculate days present, and percentage present, giving you INSTANT DATA about each students’ attendance.
✨ Frequently Asked Questions
- Can this work with Schoology, Canvas, MS Teams, etc.?
Yes! The Google Form that the students fill out does NOT require them to sign into a Google account, so you can still use this even if you’re not a Google district. The spreadsheet is only for teacher access, so you can open and use it with your personal Google account.
- Is the Google Form editable?
Yes! You can reword, add, or delete questions. You can translate them into another language. It’s fully editable! Just be sure to keep the “Name” question so you know who is filling it out.
- Is the Google Spreadsheet editable?
I wouldn’t mess with it. The formula is set up so that the Form responses autopopulate. If you change any of the column titles, the formula will not apply. You can change the picture at the top, though. The number of questions on the Form must match the number of columns on your spreadsheet (so that every response has a column to live in), so if you add lots of questions to the Form, just insert columns on your spreadsheet.
- Do I have to reshare the Google Form everyday?
No! The Google Form has one share link that you have to share only one time. I recommend linking it somewhere prominent and easy to access on your learning platform. This way, the kids can find it and fill it out easily each day. The Form is set up so that the kids can fill it out over and over again.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.