This resource gives your students fun and engaging opportunities to play with words and develop strong foundational skills. There are 30 weeks included in this unit, and each week focuses on a different spelling pattern. The activities have students sorting words, finding the word that doesn’t belong, and solving riddles. Use during whole class lessons, small group instruction, with individual students, or as independent center activities. Digital Google Slides format.
Check out the Scope and Sequence in the preview file for spelling patterns included. The spelling patterns and words align to the Benchmark Advance curriculum (CA + National Editions), but can be used in any classroom. If you are a Benchmark Advance 2021 Edition user, the spelling patterns will be the same, while the word lists will be slightly different (hey, it can just be some extra practice!)
✨ To have Unit 1 Week 1 emailed to you, click here.
Included in This Resource:
- 30 weeks of spelling practice
- A different spelling focus for each week
- 3 drag-and-drop practice activities each week
- The word sort slide asks students to sort their spelling words by spelling pattern or by number of syllables.
- The “trash it!” slide asks students to analyze the three words in each set to see which one does not follow the same spelling pattern.
- The word riddle slides (2 per week) are the most complex. Each riddle gives clues that relate to phonics, phonemic awareness, syllabication, and morphemes.
Each Spelling Word Work Unit has:
- The spelling focus in the lower right corner of each slide
- Interactive drag-and-drop Google Slides
- Students can self-correct with hidden answer key
What kinds of spelling patterns are covered in the units?
- Open syllables
- Consonant -le
- Inflectional endings
- Irregular plurals
- Prefixes dis- and un-
- Suffixes -er and-or
- Hard and soft c
- Hard and soft g
- and many more!
What digital format does this come in?
This comes as interactive Google Slides. If you are a Microsoft Teams user, simply covert the file to a PowerPoint and it will be ready to use! Open the Google Slides, click File > Download as > PowerPoint and you’re all set!
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.