Are you struggling to identify where your students are in their informational reading comprehension skills development? Do you need a quick and easy way to level students into strategy reading groups for small group time? Included are leveled passages, pre and post-assessments, and answer keys that provide teacher rationale and tips for grouping students based on scores. The teacher guide will remove all the guesswork so you can easily differentiate and meet each student’s needs!
✨ See the preview file for a free sample.
Included in this Resource:
- A printable PDF file
- Teacher guide
- 9 leveled passages – all within the 700-900 Lexile range
- 9 pre + post-tests with leveled questions for each of the following skills:
- Ask + Answer Questions
- Main Idea + Key Details
- Text Connections
- Context Clues
- Text Features
- Author’s Point of View
- Graphic Features
- Text Structure
- Compare + Contrast Two Texts
- 9 answer keys with a breakdown of why each question is included
How the Assessments are Designed:
- The texts and assessments are designed so that there is a set for each comprehension skill. There are a total of 9 leveled passages:
700-800 – 6 passages
800-900 – 3 passages
- Each assessment has three questions. The first question is the most simple, while the third question is the most difficult. The first question requires a basic and surface-level understanding of the reading skill. The second question builds upon the concept a bit more. The third question requires application of the concept. These three-tiered questions are labeled with shapes (circle, square, triangle) so that the levels are discrete.
How To Use These Assessments:
- The leveled questions will give you insight and data for creating your strategy reading groups. You can group students by reading level or by specific strategy, or a combination of both. With student groups and pre-assessment data at your fingertips, you can differentiate instruction for each group as you move through the skill.
- Give the post-assessment (same test as the pre-assessment) after the unit is finished to track growth.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing makes teaching so much easier! To make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email community
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
The resources you purchase are delivered electronically. Unlike a t-shirt or a book, you can’t return a PDF, PowerPoint or Google Doc, or another file. For that reason, all sales are considered final and nonrefundable. Please review resource descriptions, preview files, cover photos, and teacher reviews before purchasing.
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link is given. You may not translate or resell this resource.