These Close Reading Companions are a way for students to make the connection between the reading strategy/skill taught in your Benchmark Advance minilessons to how the strategy may look in the form of a test question. Each page includes a graphic organizer and an “Apply It!” test question. These can be used during whole group lessons or as a center activity. Print individually or give to students as a booklet at the start of your unit.
Included in This File:
- Student checklist page
- Companion pages (one for each close reading lesson) that relates to the guided practice portion of the lesson
- Answer Key page for Apply It! questions
- Digital Google Slides version of all of the above
Each Close Reading Companion Page has:
- The reading strategy/skill in the upper right corner
- The reading standards listed under the strategy/skill
- A “Close Reading Purpose” that is consistent with the TRS
- A chart, organizer, map, or some student response section
- “Apply It!” test question that applies the strategy in the form of a question
- The unit, week, and lesson number in the bottom left corner
Which Editions of Benchmark Advance Does this Align to?
- California Edition
- National Edition (©2017-2020)
- 2021/2022 Edition
- Florida Edition
✏️ See preview. Please note that by purchasing this file, you are only purchasing Unit 9 for fourth grade. If you would like to purchase units at a discount, consider purchasing the Units 1-10 Bundle. This is compatible with the Benchmark Advance curriculum, not the Benchmark Literacy or Benchmark Workshop programs.
Sharing and collaborating make teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, please purchase one file per user. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept POs! Email me at email@example.com.
Go to your My Account page on my website and find your purchased resources under Downloads. Click on the resource you wish to leave a review for. Once on that product page, click on the Reviews tab and leave your comment. Doing so will give you credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases!
- Click to follow my TpT store
- Click to join my email list
- Click to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.
✏️ Earn M&M Credits! Once you have used this product, please leave a rating/feedback on it and you will earn credits towards future Markers and Minions purchases!