Benchmark Advance Fourth Grade Spelling Tests
This resource includes spelling tests for the entire year! They cover all the main spelling patterns in fourth grade. There is a paper version and each test also comes as a self-grading Google Form quiz to assign digitally! The spelling patterns and words follow the Benchmark Advance curriculum, but they can be used in ANY classroom. These tests use the same testing language as the Benchmark weekly/unit tests, except unlike the BA tests, these ones actually test the week’s words. There are also answer keys for every test.
Check out the preview file to download Unit 1 Week 1 for free!
Why use these Benchmark Advance Fourth Grade Spelling Tests?
Some of the types of questions include:
- Which of the following words is spelled correctly?
- Which word has the same vowel sound as the word ___?
- The (sound) in (word) has the same (sound) in the word –
- Sentence writing
- Questions that require students to select two answers
- Note that in some of the later units, Greek & Latin roots and different types of suffixes and prefixes are the skills. For these tests, I also included questions that test the meaning of the roots, suffixes, and prefixes (so not just the spelling of them).
To Which Editions of Benchmark Do These Align?
- CA Edition and National Edition (one file)
2021/2022 and Florida Editions (one file)