These Close Reading Companions are a way for students to make the connection between the reading strategy/skill taught in your Benchmark Advance minilessons to how the strategy may look in the form of a test question. Each page includes a graphic organizer and an “Apply It!” test question. These can be used during whole group lessons or as a center activity. Print individually or give to students as a booklet at the start of your unit.
** MARCH 2020 – ADDED A DIGITAL VERSION TO COMPLETE ON GOOGLE SLIDES!
Included in this file:
– Student checklist page
– Companion pages (one for each close reading lesson) that relates to the guided practice portion of the lesson
– Answer Key page for Apply It! questions
– Digital Google Slides version of all of the above
Each Close Reading Companion page has:
– The reading strategy/skill in the upper right corner
– The reading standards listed under the strategy/skill
– A “Close Reading Purpose” that is consistent with the TRS
– A chart, organizer, map, or some student response section
– “Apply It!” test question that applies the strategy in the form of a question
– The unit, week, and lesson number in the bottom left corner
✏️Earn M&M Credits! Once you have used this product, please leave a rating/feedback on it and you will earn credits towards future Markers and Minions purchases!
Want access to the Markers and Minions Freebie Vault? Click here.
© Markers and Minions – This is a single license good for one classroom. If you would like to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license. Thank you!
Connect With Me!