Benchmark Advance First Grade Spelling Tests
This resource includes a spelling test and five exit tickets for every week of every unit (total of 30 weeks). They use the same testing language as the Benchmark weekly/unit tests, but unlike the BA tests, these ones actually test the week’s words. Answer keys are included. The spelling words and patterns align with the Benchmark Advance curriculum, but any first grade teacher could use these. Check out the preview file to download Unit 1 Week 1 for free!
*** UPDATED TO ADD DIGITAL, SELF-GRADING GOOGLE FORMS FOR EACH TEST
Why use these Benchmark Advance First Grade Spelling Tests?
Some of the types of questions include:
- Which word rhymes with ___?
- Choose the word that has the same beginning/end sound as the word ___?
- Which word has the same vowel sound as the word ___?
- Sentence writing
- Listen to the sentence and find the word. (Teacher dictates sentence, students find high-frequency word)
- Choose the correct word to fill in the blank. (Sentence with spelling word missing)
* You will receive a zipped file consisting of a file of all 10 units, plus individual files for each week.
Benchmark Advance Teachers
Trying to fit everything in is exhausting, so click here to read my top 4 tips!
Library of Free K-6 Resources
Want access to the Markers and Minions Freebie Vault? Click here.
Did you know you can earn points when you purchase AND when you leave feedback? Earn all the points to use towards additional purchases!
This is a single license good for one classroom. If you would like to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license at a discount. Thank you!