Benchmark Advance First Grade Spelling Tests
This resource includes spelling tests for the entire year! They cover all the main spelling patterns in first grade. There is a paper version and each test also comes as a self-grading Google Form quiz to assign digitally! The spelling patterns and words follow the Benchmark Advance curriculum, but they can be used in ANY classroom. These tests use the same testing language as the Benchmark weekly/unit tests, except unlike the BA tests, these ones actually test the week’s words. There are also answer keys for every test.
Check out the preview file to download Unit 1 Week 1 for free!
Why use these Benchmark Advance First Grade Spelling Tests?
Some of the types of questions include:
- Which word rhymes with ___?
- Choose the word that has the same beginning/end sound as the word ___?
- Which word has the same vowel sound as the word ___?
- Sentence writing
- Listen to the sentence and find the word. (Teacher dictates sentence, students find high-frequency word)
- Choose the correct word to fill in the blank. (Sentence with spelling word missing)
To Which Editions of Benchmark Do These Align?
- CA Edition and National Edition (one file)
2021/2022 and Florida Editions (one file)